It’s the perfect time of year for sangria! Most people think of sangria as a summery drink, but the truth is that you can tailor your sangria to the season by using different fruits, spices, wines, and alcohols.
How about a nice apple cinnamon punch for the holidays? Added bonus: it looks really pretty on your holiday table. I’m a sucker for a beautiful tablescape.
Full disclosure: I received free samples of Astoria “Primo Rosso” Red Blend IGT and Soberano Brandy to try out this recipe! Here’s a little more about each of these products:
- For the wine lover, Astoria “Primo Rosso” Red Blend IGT (SRP $11): This round and velvety blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Pinot Noir, and 20% Merlot is marked by an herbaceous bouquet and harmonious flavors of ripe plum and red berry.
- And for the spirits enthusiast, Soberano Brandy (SRP $25): Made from 100% distilled wine, aged by way of the traditional solera system which utilizes American oak barrels, this dark amber brandy boasts smooth and elegant flavors of oak, raisin, and caramel.
Ready for the sangria recipe? Here’s the printable version:
The perfect sangria for fall or winter
- 1 bottle Astoria "Primo Rosso" Red Blend IGT
- 1/2 cup Soberano Brandy
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 Golden Delicious apple
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Slice the apples and 1/2 orange and add to a large pitcher.
- Juice the other 1/2 of orange and add to pitcher, along with the wine, brandy, and cider.
- Add cinnamon sticks.
- Stir well and store in fridge for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Add ice to picture before serving.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks or apple slices if desired.
If you are looking for more delicious apple recipes, here are a few to check out…
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #3: Getting Married Edition - June 23, 2017
- Friday Frenzy Link Party #2: Cute and Cuddly Edition - June 16, 2017
- Strawberry and Fig Jam Crescents - June 12, 2017