Chocolate Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
Lately, my “go to” cake mix recipe has been these delicious cool whip cookies, but I think I’ve found something I love even more – this Betty Crocker cookie recipe. Like with all cake mix recipes, you can use just about any flavor your family enjoys. In this specific instance, though, I made them with a rich German chocolate cake mix. They were super yummy! My boyfriend’s parents, who were in town for the weekend, loved them, even though his father isn’t really a sweets person. (Yeah, I don’t understand it either.)
He did, however, love our Pecan Pie Cookies, but that’s another story.
Anyway, if you’re looking for a quick cookie recipe to whip up, check out these cake mix cookies! They’re pretty perfect – no one will even believe they’re from a box!
To make this recipe, you need a boxed cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. The recipe itself really couldn’t be easier. Just mix together the first four ingredients, then roll into balls and roll in sugar! If the dough is too sticky to form balls, just stick the whole bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or so until it is firmer.
You don’t have to flatten the balls to bake – just make sure they’re at least two inches apart because they spread a lot. You don’t even have to grease the cookie sheet! Just bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes then allow to cool on the hot cookie sheet for one or two minutes before removing to a cooling rack. (Don’t have a cooling rack? Here’s our trick!)
They look poofy when you first get them out of the oven, but once they start to cool, they’ll flatten.
They’re simply perfect. Sugary, but not too sweet. A little crunch on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Easy to store…if you can keep your family away from them! Freezable. Ship-able. Customizable.
Seriously, I’m having a hard time coming up with something I don’t like about these cookies!
Want to try them yourself? Here’s the printable:
- 1 boxed cake mix (any flavor)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Mix together the cake mix, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Form dough into balls and roll in sugar. If dough is too sticky to handle, refrigerate for 15 minutes until firm.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, two inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for one to two minutes on sheet before removing to rack to cool completely.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce - December 7, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (Recipe and #PAMSmartTips Giveaway!) - November 19, 2013
- One Pot Italian Dinner - November 8, 2013