This month, I’m joining the Fantastical Food Fight, which is run by one of my favorite fellow food blogger, Sara from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. Sarah chooses a different theme every month and all the bloggers playing alone create a recipe. You can find out more here. December’s theme is SHORTBREAD, which got me excited, because I haven’t made any shortbread cookies in over a year.
I’ve have Butterfinger baking bits burning a hole in my
For the shortbread base, I used this recipe for chocolate chip shortbread from Daily Appetite. Instead of the mini chocolate chips, I added the Butterfinger bits, then I really gilded the lily by dipping them in chocolate and sprinkling with more candy pieces.
They were a huge hit! I added a few to my cookie plates for the holidays, and my fiance loved them as well.
Buttery shortbread with a candy crunch, dipped in sweet milk chocolate.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Butterfinger baking bits + more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and combine well.
- Add flour, salt, and butterfinger baking bits. Stir to combine well, making sure the candy pieces are evenly distributed.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 9x9 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until the edges are beginning to brown (about 15-17 minutes)
- Allow shortbread to cool, then use a spatula to carefully remove to a cutting board to cut into triangles or squares.
- Melt chocolate and dip each cookie. Sprinkle with some of the extra butterfinger bits and allow to cool
Check out the other shortbread recipes created for this month’s Fantastical Food Fight:
If you love peanut butter treats like Butterfinger shortbread cookies, here are some other cookies to try out…
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #3: Getting Married Edition - June 23, 2017
- Friday Frenzy Link Party #2: Cute and Cuddly Edition - June 16, 2017
- Strawberry and Fig Jam Crescents - June 12, 2017