You can’t go wrong with cake mix cookies. Even if you think you aren’t a good baker, it is really, really hard to mess up these cookies! All you have to do is mix up the cookies and then add 1/2 cup of sprinkles.
Kids love ’em… and so do adults! The last time I made a batch of these cookies, some friends stopped by for a visit and almost made themselves sick eating them!
This week is #Choctoberfest, so I thought it would be a perfect time to share this recipe. They pack a chocolate-y punch! But if you don’t like chocolate (blasphemy!) or want something a little different, you can use a vanilla cake mix instead.
The result will be the same – a chewy, festive funfetti cookie with just the perfect amount of sweetness.
Don’t forget to enter our #Choctoberfest giveaway for your chance to win a prize pack filled with sweet treats and baking products, including over 80 pounds of sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Click here to enter. Then, check out the recipe below, as well as all of the other yummy chocolate recipes posted today by other #Choctoberfest bloggers!
Chewy cookie that you can whip up in 15 minutes or less
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until completely combined.
- Fold sprinkles into the dough.
- Shape dough into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press each ball slightly to flatten (cookies will spread only slightly much when baking).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to cool completely on rack.
Try other cake mix flavors as well.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #16: Waterlogged Edition - September 22, 2017
- Crunchy Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas #FantasticalFoodFight - September 20, 2017
- Friday Frenzy #15: Cardboard Boxes Edition - September 15, 2017