Sometimes, you need a quick recipe that holds up well as you travel to a party. When I find myself in that situation, my answer is often to bring a dip. Dips get better as the ingredients meld together, and they’re definitely crowd-pleasers.
Oh, and did I mention how gosh darn easy they are? Love it.
Last weekend, I headed to beautiful State College, Pennsylvania for some awesome Penn State tailgating with my best friends. I’ve known most of these guys and gals since kindergarten (yes, really!), so it’s always a good time when we get together! I decided to make a bunch of dips to take to the game, and this cold crab dip from Paula Deen was definitely one I’ve been meaning to pinter-test out.
Thanks goes out to Jennifer Pickard for pinning this recipe so it showed up in my stream!
To make this cold crab dip, you need cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, lemon juice, horseradish, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and lump crab meat.
Your eyes to not deceive you. I really did make crab dip before it was even 8 AM. I spent the night at my friends’ house so we could get on the road pretty early, but before we left I mixed up the dip in order to avoid taking all the ingredients to the game.
The directions? How simple could they be: simply mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate.
Easy-peasey. My favorite type of recipe!
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives or green onions
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked free of shell
- Mix the ingredients together, adding the crab meat last and stirring gently.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #20: Chocolate Edition - October 20, 2017
- S’mores Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017