Yesterday, we posted a copycat skinny mocha frappaccino recipe… today, we have another awesome copycat recipe for you to help celebrate #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar! Enter our giveaway if you haven’t already!
Growing up, my mom made homemade cookies, brownies, and other treats all the time. There was hardly a time where you couldn’t find a treat hiding somewhere. Store bought treats were not common… except Cosmic Brownies and a few other similar treats.
I used to LOVE finding a Cosmic Brownie in my lunch in school. So when I found a copycat recipe on Pinterest from Cincy Shopper, I had to try it out for #Chocoberfest.
Is it just me or were there never enough of those candy-coated chocolate pieces on top of the brownies??? I made sure to put plenty on mine! I’ve never seem them available in grocery stores. I found these at Michael’s. I’m sure other craft or specialty stores would have them too.
The original recipe called for semi-sweet chocolate in the fudgy icing layer on top, but I’m just not a huge fan of semi-sweet chocolate. While my boyfriend thought I was just being picky, all the girls in the office agreed with me! I’ll be using milk chocolate from on, but feel free to use your favorite!
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar white sugar
- ⅔ cup packed Imperial Sugar light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup milk chocolate
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- candy-coated chocolate pieces
- In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder. Add flour. (Do not over mix!)
- Pour batter into well greased pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling, mix top layer. Combine chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until chocolate and cream are combined (stir every 30 secs so chocolate does not burn).
- Pour fudgy icing over cooled brownies and gently smooth out. Add candy-coated chocolate pieces.
- Refrigerate until set before serving.
Check out the other bloggers posting #Chocotoberfest recipes today:
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Grandma’s Homemade Honey White Bread #FoodBloggerLove - February 13, 2017
- White Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookies #FBLcookieexchange - December 5, 2016
- Jar Brownies (A Treat And A Gift!) #Choctoberfest - October 17, 2016