Did you know you can make granola in an air fryer? Weird… but totally yummy!
It might seem strange that I’m sharing this recipe today, given that it is Thanksgiving, but it is a quick and easy breakfast or snack you can make today without spending lots of extra time in the kitchen.
Don’t skip breakfast even though you’ll be eating lots of turkey later today if you are anything like me. If you are super hungry from not eating all day, you’ll be tempted to eat quickly instead of just enjoying the meal with your family and friends.
This recipe is courtesy of the author of 175 Best Air Fryer Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury © 2016 www.robertrose.ca – Available where books are sold. I received a free copy of this cookbook to review, and we have been enjoying the recipes.
Here’s the printable recipe:
Crunchy Granola Cups with Yogurt and Fruit
- 3 tbsp liquid honey or brown rice syrup
- 11 ⁄2 tbsp virgin coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄8 tsp salt
- 1 cup large-flake old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds flaxseed meal
- 3 ⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 ⁄2 cup berries such as blueberries or raspberries or diced fruit
Place one muffin cup liner inside another. Repeat to create 4 doubled liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt until blended.
Stir in oats and flax seeds, stirring until completely coated.
Divide mixture evenly among the doubled liners, gently pressing down in the center of each to compact and make a cup shape.
Place filled liners in air fryer basket. Air-fry for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
When ready to eat, fill each granola cup with yogurt and fruit. Serve immediately.
Recipe NotesThe ground flax seeds can be replaced by 11⁄2 tbsp (22 mL) chia seeds. An equal amount of unsalted butter, melted, can be used in place of the coconut oil.
Here are some other quick, light breakfasts you can choose if you are looking for simple recipes to hold you over until dinner.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Sealed with a Kiss Cookies (Peanut Butter Blossoms) #FoodBloggerLove - February 11, 2019
- Individual No-Bake Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecakes with Biscoff Crust - January 17, 2019
- Happy Holidays! Kitchen Aid Giveaway! - December 10, 2018