I enjoy watching her show, The Pioneer Woman, because she makes recipes that you usually have the ingredients in your pantry. Good food doesn’t have to be complicated, and it can be frustrating to see a recipe that looks good only to find out that you need some kind of weird, expensive ingredient.
That episode, her dessert was a Blackberry Cobbler that used 5 simple ingredients which I went on to pin. She has great pictures and instruction on her site. Even Jim said the cobbler looked good.
When I had the oven on one night I decided to make the cobbler. It called for self-rising flour which I didn’t have. I remembered reading how to make your own in one of my cook books. Measure 1 cup of all purpose flour and add 1 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and whisk together.
Of course I was in a hurry to get the cobbler in the oven and forgot to take step by step pictures of the process. But I did take pictures of the finished cobbler. Looks good enough to eat…and we did!
This is great served warm with ice cream or whipped topping! Try other kinds of fruits if you don’t like blackberries or they aren’t in season. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1¼ cups plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 3 quart baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together 1 cup of sugar and flour. Add milk and stir until combined.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Sprinkle over the top of the batter fresh or frozen blackberries.
- Sprinkle the top with ¼ cup of sugar.
- Bake about 50-60 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- About 10 minutes before baking time is up sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of sugar over the top and return to the oven to finish baking.
- Great served warm served with ice cream or whipped cream.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018
- Triple Chocolate Truffles #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2018
- Easy S’mores Cookies + 12 S’mores Inspired Recipes #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2018