Next week, we are having a reception to celebrate getting married back in June. Jeffrey and I just went to the courthouse, because we didn’t want a big ceremony… but we certainly aren’t going to pass up the chance to throw a party for all our friends and family!
As a favor, I of course had to do something kitchen-related. We decided to do a giant cookie bar. My mom and sister have been hard at work making cookies. Their freezers are stuffed! So far, they’ve made the infamous Mammy Heckert cookies (caramel sugar cookies), white chocolate dipped ginger snaps, chocolate chip, flower sugar cookies, and more. Next week, I’m going to finish up with a few more batches of different flavors. I haven’t 100% decided what I want to make, but I know they are going to be GOOD!
Guests will be able to fill up a box to take home, so they can choose their favorites. What’s your favorite cookie?
And now… back to wedding reception planning. Here’s this week’s Friday Frenzy!
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- Well when you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure.
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links.
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura from Little House Big Alaska ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Rachel from Trampling Rose ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Amy from Savory Moments ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Melissa from MelClaire ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook
- Kelly Lynn from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Eats ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Micha from Cooking Mimi ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- April from Home Sweet Homestead ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Sarah from Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Allison (hey that’s me!) from The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
This week’s Featured Posts
Welcome everyone! Amy from Savory Moments here this week. I’m excited to be hosting the Friday Frenzy for the first time this week! I’m so glad that more people are linking up and sharing their recipe, craft, and DIY posts every week. These are a few posts that really caught my eye from last week’s link part.
The first feature this week is these Double Chocolate Bars on a Budget from Back to My Southern Roots. Aside from looking delicious, the title contains two of my favorite words – chocolate & budget! I love frugal cooking and especially love any dessert containing sweetened condensed milk.
Next is the Cow Patty Casserole from Recipes and Ramblings with the Tumbleweed Contessa. Another one that really caught my eye from the title! I can’t see food called a cow patty and not click over to check it out haha. I love all the Tex-Mex flavors and the cornbread topping and it looks very family friendly.
Our last featured post is a tutorial from Little House Big Alaska on How to Make Calendula Salve. I love the color and since I almost always have dry skin, I’d love to make my own salve with homegrown flowers for helping to moisturize!
Thank you for joining us and don’t forget to pin this week’s featured posts. Please link up your posts below and share the word with all your fellow blogging friends! Have a great week!
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #20: Chocolate Edition - October 20, 2017
- S’mores Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017