Every November, I do something super crazy. I join NaNoWriMo.
NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. Everyone who participates tries to write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November. It works out to a little over 1600 words per day, which is actually fairly manageable when you think about it. The point isn’t to write your best work… it’s to work toward a tough goal, to put pen to paper and actually make progress.
If you write 50,000 by the end of the month, you “win” – but really, everyone who participates is a winner, because you wrote something that you didn’t have before.
Plus, you can join “write-ins” where you get together with writers in your local region to write together. I have met awesome people this way, plus getting out of the house to write together can be very motivating. We do “word sprints” where you try to write as many words as you can in a specified time (such as 15 minutes) and chat about our work. It makes the whole process less lonely.
We are just past the half way point today… and this is the most challenging part (in my opinion). I’ve hit the point where I am no longer super inspired because I’m working on a new project, but I’m also not yet motivated to make a final push to the finish line. Middle of the month is tough!
Tomorrow, I’m going to attend our region’s ENOWE – Epic Night of Writing Epic-ly. We lock ourselves into a community social hall and write all night. I usually make it to about 2 or 3 AM, but some writers stay the entire time and write until 8 in the morning! I’m excited, because I usually write over 5,000 words during the ENOWE. Wish me luck… or as we say to one another, wish me words.
Okay, onto Friday Frenzy:
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura from Little House Big Alaska ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Rachel from Trampling Rose ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Amy from Savory Moments ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Melissa from MelClaire ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook
- Kelly Lynn from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Eats ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Micha from Cooking Mimi ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Sarah from Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Allison (hey that’s me!) from The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Colleen from Faith Hope Love and Luck ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
This Week’s Featured Posts
Hi it’s LAURA from Little House Big Alaska, I’m your host for the week and I had a great time picking out posts to share with you all. I picked four this week because I just couldn’t stop at three!
First up this gorgeous Elderberry Syrup from the Bearded Hiker. It’s beautiful and beneficial, so make some and stay healthier this year!
This Maple Crunch Sweet Potato Casserole from Cooking with Carlee isn’t going to make you healthier but you’ll feel better for having eaten it. Isn’t it tasty looking?
Looking for a vegetarian side dish for Thanksgiving Dinner? Try All That Jas’s Vegetarian Stuffed Buttercup Squash, even your meat heads will love it!
And finally maybe you’ve got guests staying over for Thanksgiving? Make them this Pumpkin Spiced French Toast with Amaretto Sauce from Marylin’s Treats. So beautiful, no?
Please leave a link to your best content, old or new posts work great. The hosts work hard to share them in a multitude of ways such as pinning and stumbling. Be sure to PIN the featured posts this week and then stop by and say HI to your fellow linkers.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 300+ Unique and Delicious Chocolate Recipes from #Choctoberfest 2018! - November 15, 2018
- Low-Sugar Chocolate Egg Yolk Cookies - November 5, 2018
- Spicy Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2018