We’ve made it! It’s officially the last Friday of 2017. Can you believe it?
Above all, I want to say THANK YOU for being a reader and supporter here over the past year. We are excited to continue sharing delicious family recipes in the new year.
I feel like this year went especially fast with all the wedding planning consuming my time. The payoff was worth it, but man oh man, I am looking forward to a less crazy 2018.
It wasn’t just about getting married, though. Here are a few other highlights of 2017 for me:
I started volunteering more. This is something I feel really passionate about, and I believe that every adult who is able should volunteer at least a few days per month. Pick a cause that matters to you, and do it! If we all do a little, we can changes the world a lot.
I celebrated Jeffrey’s graduation from college. I am so proud of him. He graduated with a B.S. in Biology and a 3. 24 GPA. He is the first person in his family to have a college degree, and they are all so proud of him as well. Now… to find a permanent job!
I traveled to New Orleans for the first time. This might not be the traditional honeymoon choice for most people, but for us, it was perfect. We really did EVERYTHING during our trip, from imbibing on Bourbon street to going on a walking history tour to visiting the zoo and aquarium. We even rode out an almost-hurricane (it ended up missing the city for the most part). Oh and the food… I can’t even. It was easily one of the tastiest trips I’ve ever taken!
What are you highlights of 2017? What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura from Little House Big Alaska ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Rachel from Trampling Rose ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Amy from Savory Moments ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Paula from Saucy Southerner ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Kelly Lynn from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Eats ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Micha from Cooking Mimi ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Sarah from Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Allison (hey that’s me!) from The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Colleen from Faith Hope Love and Luck ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
This Week’s Featured Posts
Allison from The PinterTest Kitchen here, and it’s my task to pick our features this week. Let’s finish 2018 on a sweet note with some delicious recipes, because calories don’t count during the holidays, right? Right.
First up, I could not resist this Cookies & Cream Fudge from Read. Eat. Repeat. Fudge usually doesn’t really tempt me, but I’m ALWAYS on board for a yummy cookies & cream recipe! I love the crunch from the cookies and the fact that this is a super simple recipe with only three ingredients.
For the second feature this week, I’m picking this Raspberry Sherbert Party Punch from Crafting a Family. I love sherbert punch, and the next time I host, I’m making this recipe for sure. Raspberry + all the citrus flavors sound like heaven to me!
Last, but certainly not least… check out this Medieval Nürnberger Lebkuchen recipe from Sew Historically. I love how the recipes on this blog come with a history lesson. Nürnberger Lebkuchen have been made in some form since the 1500s. How cool is that? It looks and sounds almost like gingerbread. I’m definitely going to have to try it out!
And that’s a wrap for 2017! I wish you all the best for a tasty 2018. Don’t forget to add you link to this week’s round-up: