Winter is the best time for crafts, am I right?
During the summer, I want to be outside on the beach or hiking or just hanging out with my friends with a few drinks, watching the sunset. (My life is so hard, right?)
But during the winter… I’m usually in pajamas by 7 PM. Heck, there are some days I don’t even leave the house other than to get the mail. Here in Norfolk, the cold weather is different than what I was used to experiencing growing up in Pennsylvania. It’s not as cold temperature-wise, but it is a humid kind of cold and super windy. I’ll take a 0-degree “dry” day in PA over a 30-degree humid day in Virginia any day.
Now excise me as I cocoon in my husband’s old oversized robe and a million blankets…
Anyway, back to my point. Since I’ve been stuck inside, I’ve been doing a lot more crafting. I love scrapbooking, making cards, and other paper crafts. I also love experimenting with polymer clay and resin. It’s definitely addicting. One minute I’m making coffee and checking the morning news, then I sit down at my craft table and the next minute I’m surrounded by paper scraps and it is time to start dinner. Where does the time go?
So anyway… I think I’m going to start an Etsy shop! It’s in the works, and I’ll announce here when I’m ready to go, so you can support my addiction if you want to. 🙂
In the meantime, it’s time for Friday Frenzy!
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura from Little House Big Alaska ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Rachel from Trampling Rose ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Amy from Savory Moments ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Paula from Saucy Southerner ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Kelly Lynn from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Eats ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Micha from Cooking Mimi ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Sarah from Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Allison (hey that’s me!) from The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Colleen from Faith Hope Love and Luck ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
This Week’s Featured Posts
Amy from Savory Moments here this week to host the Friday Frenzy! I love how we are getting more links all the time, but it makes my job as host harder — how can I pick just three to highlight?! It took me a little while, but here are the features from last week.
Even though it’s the dead of winter here and it’s been so, so cold, I can’t help but want to break out the grill to make hot dogs and top them with Julia’s Southern Hot Dog Chili Sauce from Julia’s Simply Southern! These look so yummy!
Followers of my blog know I have a bit of a muffin obsession, especially with toddler twins who love to eat them! I’m loving these Healthier Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins from burlap + blue. I know they’d be a family favorite in our home.
As I mentioned, it’s cold here in Buffalo, so soup is a must-have this time of year. This Spicy Sausage and Chickpea Soup from Poinsettia Drive looks so hearty, warming, and delicious! I love the addition of spicy sausage and kale.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Please link up your posts below and don’t forget to pin the featured posts!
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Mini Cakes #FoodBloggerLove - February 12, 2018
- Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies - January 28, 2018
- Friday Frenzy #32: Crafty Edition - January 20, 2018