In our family, kitchen gadgets and products are common holiday gifts. I think between myself, my sister, and my mother, we have about every one out there. A year or so ago, Santa left a donut pan for me under the Christmas tree. I had never attempted to make donuts (fried or baked) and was excited for a chance to try something new.
These chocolate donuts were one of the first recipes I tested out and they are sooooooo yummy. I knew I had to share to recipe during #Choctoberfest this year. I made these recently for a family get together and they were gone in about three seconds flat. Kudos to Buns In My Oven and Recipe 4 Living for the recipe inspiration behind these chocolatey treats =)
I’m craving these donuts again just looking at the pictures. Before you immediately start gathering your ingredients to make these donuts, don’t forget to enter our #Chocotoberfest giveaway! You could winner a huge prize pack, including over 80 lbs of sugar from Imperial Sugar!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar (white granulated sugar)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons hot water
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg, vanilla, sour cream, milk, and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient and mix until just combined.
- Spoon donut batter to into a greased donut pan. Fill donut wells about 3/4 full. Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees (donuts will spring back when touched).
- While donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze. Melt butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons of hot water. Mix until combined well. Glaze should be thin enough to thick, but thin enough that donuts can be dunked in it (if not thin enough, add more hot water slowly until desired consistency is reached).
- Dunk cool donuts in glaze and set on wire rack for excess glaze to drip off.
Here are the other #Choctoberfest bloggers participating today:
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Mammy Heckert Caramel Icing Cookies - July 5, 2017
- M&M Cookies - June 19, 2017
- Homemade Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastries #RecipeMakeover - April 25, 2017