I’m on a smoothie kick.
Actually, I’ve been on a smoothie kick for about five years now.
I can’t help it! They are such a tasty way to add more fruits and veggies to your diet, not to mention other “superfood” ingredients like Greek yogurt, chia, and nuts.
Normally, I liked my smoothies packed with fruits like peaches, blueberries, and mangoes, so this smoothie is a little different. It is perfect for celebrating your birthday or to calm any sweet tooth craving.
This recipe is courtesy of 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your Nutribullet by Marilyn Haugen & Doug Cook © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
I received a free review copy of this book, and have been loving it! Most of the recipes are smoothie-related, but the book also includes soups, desserts, dressings/dips/spreads, and more. You can make a lot in your blender! (Helpful hint: You don’t actually need a Nutribullet! Any high-quality blender will work.)
Image credit: Colin Erricson
Here’s the printable! Scroll down for more yummy smoothie recipes.
Why not celebrate your birthday and many more to come with this birthday cake–inspired smoothie?
- 1 frozen banana, halved
- 3 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp natural almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Shredded coconut or cacao nibs (optional)
- Add banana, protein powder, almond milk, almond butter, vanilla and maple syrup to the tall cup. Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving glass and sprinkle with shredded coconut or cacao nibs, if desired.
Adding natural color to shredded coconut makes a festive topping for this smoothie. To naturally dye shredded coconut, combine 1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut with: 1 tsp (5 mL) beet juice for red; 1⁄8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground turmeric and 1 tsp (5 mL) water for vibrant yellow; 1 tsp (5 mL) carrot juice for orange; or 1⁄8 tsp (0.5 mL) spirulina and 1 tsp (5 mL) water for green. Stir well to color coconut. Arrange coconut on a baking sheet and let stand for 2 hours or until dry.
More smoothie recipes…
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #20: Chocolate Edition - October 20, 2017
- S’mores Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017