It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It’s #FBLcookieexhange time guys! We food bloggers get together and exchange holiday cookies with each other. I received some really good ones in this year…
Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies from Erin at The Spiffy Cookie
Chia Eggnog Cookies with Rumchata Icing from Starr at Chicago Foodie Girl
and Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies from Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
They were so good guys… I usually end up sharing my exchange cookies with friends and family because I’m pretty picky, but not this year. I know, I know.. It’s not nice to not share. Don’t tell Santa! Anyways, on to the Gingerbread Spritz Cookies I sent out to bloggers this year!
Cookies with molasses (like gingerbread) are some of my favorite cookies, especially during the holidays. Spritz cookies are so fun and festive this time of year that I decided to share these cookies with bloggers this year.
One of the bloggers I received requested low sugar cookies. My mother keeps Splenda on hand all the time since my father has diabetes and has to watch his sugar. But baking with Splenda can be a little tricky sometimes depending on the recipe. For the sugar this recipe called for, I used 1/2 regular white sugar and 1/2 Splenda and the cookies turned out exactly how they normal do for me. I love it when a plan turns out how I hoped!
Holiday Gingerbread Spritz Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- Sprinkles if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, molasses, vanilla and beat together.
In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, ginger, cloves, and salt, and flour. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
Using a cookie press with our favorite holiday design, press dough onto cookie sheet about 1 in apart. (Do not grease or line with parchment paper!) Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Bake for 5-6 minutes. Do not brown or over bake. Carefully transfer to cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing.
Recipe Notes*For lower sugar cookies, substitute sugar for Splenda (or use half regular white sugar and half Splenda).
Here is a full list of all the cookie recipes being posted today from bloggers participating in the cookie swap:
- Bizcochitos from That Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cookies from For the Love of Food
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies from If Spoons Could Talk
- Chai Eggnog Cookies with Rumchata Icing from Chicago Foodie Girl
- Chocolate-Dipped Ginger Cookies from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Coffee and Chocolate Shortbread Cookies from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Bliss Cookies from The Emotional Baker
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Gingerbread Spritz Cookies from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Hallongrottor from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies from By the Pounds
- Hint of Mint Cocoa Cookies from Chef Sarah Elizabeth
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mint Cheesecake Cookies from Cook with 5 Kids
- Nutty Florentine Cookies from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Butterscotch from Jennifer Bakes
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Pumpkin Ginger Snaps from Burnt Apple
- Ricotta Christmas Cookies from The Saucy Southerner
- Salted Caramel Kahlua Sugar Cookies from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Shortbread Cookies from Our Good Life
- Soft Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Blogghetti
- Spiced Molasses Cookies from Sarah Cooks the Books
- Triple Chocolate Biscotti from Fix Me a Little Lunch
- Vanilla Mint Cake Mix Cookies from The Recipe Revival
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Molasses Cookies from The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate and Cardamom Cookies from Milk and Cardamom
I can’t wait to try them out!
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Easy Chocolate Chip Mini Sticky Buns #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2018
- Frozen Root Beer Float Pops #CookoutWeek - June 25, 2018
- Chocolate Caramel Muffins #BrunchWeek - May 3, 2018