I love a good deal at the grocery store. And last week, there was a great deal on chicken legs. But I was lacking a little inspiration. To Pinterest!
There was one recipe that caught my eye – it was billed as “so good you’ll want to slap your grandmother.” I don’t know what my grandma has to do with it…but this recipe was certainly delicious.
They’re baked instead of fried, so an awesome option for those of you who want healthier options. Any NO sugar – all the sweetness in this sauce comes from honey.
You could also grill the chicken legs if you wanted. Can we all agree that the fact that it is finally grill season again is amazing? Was it just me, or did this winter seem especially long for some reason?
Not into legs? Use whatever you have. Just adjust the cooking time based on the thickness and whether the pieces you use are bone-in or boneless.
Without further ago, the recipe:
Juicy chicken legs with a sweet sauce that caramelizes as it bakes.
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds chicken legs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 cloves minced or crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place in single layer in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine all other ingredients. Whisk well and dump over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Flip all legs and increase temperature to 425 degrees. Bake for 15-20 additional minutes, until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees and sauce has caramelized.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes outside of over before serving.
If you like saucier chicken, you can make a double batch of the sauce. Pour half over the chicken to bake, and heat the other half on stovetop before serving. Add 2 tablespoon cornstarch to 4 tablespoons water, mix, and pour into sauce to thicken slightly if desired.
The following two tabs change content below.
Allison is one of the co-founders here at The PinterTest Kitchen. She also works as a content marketing consultant and freelance writer - find out more at AllisonBoyer.com.