I am a sucker for trying new, interesting ingredients that aren’t too weird. You know, like I don’t want sardines in my cake… but honey granules? Count me in!
Also called “honey powder,” these little crystals give you all the flavor of honey without the sticky mess. They’re perfect in tea, but as soon as I saw them at the grocery store, I knew I’d have to come up with a yummy honey cookie recipe.
When I was little, we always made Christmas cookies with my grandma every December, and that night, I’d be allowed to have a cup of coffee for the explicit purpose of dunking my cookies. Sugar cookies always make the best dunkers! Replace the sugar with honey granules and you have a delicious, unique cookie for dunking into any cup of tea or coffee.
The ginger flavor in these cookies is very mild, not punch-you-in-the-face like gingerbread cookies. Don’t get me wrong, I love to be punched in the face by some ginger, but the mild flavor found in these cookies is nice too.
Here’s the full recipe. In case you don’t have honey granules, you can instead do 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of honey. Decrease the amount of ginger ale you use to 1/3-1/2 cup, since the honey will add some liquid to your mixture.
Sweet cookies with a punch of honey flavor and a hint of ginger.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup honey granules (honey powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- Whisk together the dry ingredients to combine well.
- Add the vegetable oil and ginger ale. Mix to combine.
- Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 11-13 minutes until the edges of the cookies are browned.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe I found on Diethood.
We are cookie fiends here at The PinterTest Kitchen. If you’re looking for some other dunk-worthy cookies, here are a few to try out…
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Sugar-Free Carrot Cake with Honey Cream Cheese Icing - April 24, 2017
- Welcome to #RecipeMakeover 2017! - April 24, 2017
- Chocolate Key Lime Pie - April 13, 2017