Y’all… I have a new obsession: Caveman Coffee!
This year, Caveman signed up to be a Silver Sponsor for #Choctoberfest. Thank goodness they did, because I had never heard of them before, and I was missing out! I received their White Gold coffee, which has a light, nutty flavor and a creamy texture. I’m usually not one for drinking coffee without cream and sugar, but this stuff is delicious black! The beans are roasted only enough to remove the water, which is why the brewed coffee is much lighter than traditional blends.
Of course, I had to take things a step farther for #Choctoberfest and add some chocolate! Cavemen also set me cacao butter, which adds a wonderful chocolatey flavor without adding sugar, but I decided to go all-out and make chocolate ice cubes.
You can pour your coffee over these ice cubes like I did in the pictures or blend them with your coffee to create a frozen drink. I preferred them blended, because the do get a little gritty in iced coffee, but they add such a great chocolate flavor that I didn’t mind too much! You could also add a cube to your hot coffee to cool it down a little.
For the kids, add these ice cubes to milk instead (cold or warm) for a delicious chocolate drink!
The recipe for these ice cubes is below! Also, don’t forget to enter our #Choctoberfest giveaway with prizes from Caveman Coffee and our other sponsors, plus check out some of the other chocolate recipes being posted today – the list is below!
Rich chocolate ice cubes to serve in coffee or milk.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/4 cup chocolate chips
- Simmer the milk, water, cocoa powder, and sugar. Whisk until lumps dissolve.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Whisk to combine.
- Let mixture cool for 5-10 minutes, then pour into ice cube trays.
- Allow ice cubes to freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve in coffee or milk.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- How to Make Drinking Vinegar + My Blueberry Shrub Recipe - May 12, 2017
- Spiralized Kaleidoscope Salad - May 2, 2017
- Smokey Dijon Salmon Skewers #RecipeMakeover - April 28, 2017