During the month of October, team up with other food and lifestyle bloggers to show your love for chocolate. #Choctoberfest will be happening October 15 – October 20, 2018, and we’d love to have you on board to participate!
The Short Version
- This event is 100% virtual.
- There is no fee for bloggers to join EXCEPT sharing this page on social media to help us spread the word!
- All bloggers are invited. Yes, even if you are small, new, or blog about things other than recipes. You must have a blog… that is the only requirement!
- We use email, a Facebook group, and a spreadsheet to stay connected.
- On the first day, everyone posts about our giveaway. The PinterTest Kitchen secures the prize, creates the giveaway widget, and draws the winner. All you have to do is post it on your blog.
- During the rest of the week, everyone posts chocolate recipes and other chocolate-related posts. Every post has a link-up code at the end with the other posts that went live that day, so we can all drive traffic to one another.
- There are sponsors. You do not have to sign up to work with them. It is completely optional and NOT the focus of the event. (It is just an added bonus.)
- At the end, I publish a huge round-up of all the recipes, which you can republish if you want (not required).
In short… it’s a way to drive traffic, meet new food bloggers, and find delicious chocolate recipes to try. 🙂
Got it? Awesome! Here are the nitty-gritty details about each aspect:
To kick things off, we’ll be posting a fun chocolate giveaway on October 16. You must be able to commit to posting this giveaway on October 15, 2018 by noon EST. You will receive the full html for this post by October 1 (and you are welcome to add your own flair to it as long as links are intact).
The giveaway will be a huge chocolate-y gift pack worth over $300. (Most years, it is worth WAY more!)
One of your social links will be a follow entry for the giveaway. So, for example, you could choose Pinterest, and then every person who enters the giveaway can follow you on Pinterest for an entry. So it’s an awesome way to build your following on whatever social network is most important to you.
Example of last year’s giveaway post: http://thepintertestkitchen.com/welcome-to-choctoberfest-2017/
The Posting Commitment
All participants must post a minimum of three chocolate-related recipe posts between October 15 and October 20, 2018. (One can be the giveaway announcement.) There will be opportunities to review, taste-test, and use products from sponsors! You can also do all non-sponsored posts.
You’re also encouraged to post more than three recipes (most bloggers do… more posts = more traffic).
You will be provided a link-up code to include at the end of your posts, which will link up to everyone else who is participating that day. That way, we can all help promote one another!
We have a different link-up code for each day so that the list of recipes is not a mile long. We’ve found that this is the best option for driving the most traffic between blog posts.
If you’ve never used a link-up code before, don’t worry. It is very easy, and we tell you exactly how to do it.
Every year, we secure sponsors to send out products to participating bloggers, provide the items for the giveaway, and pay for admin costs. We also use the money from sponsors to pay for social promotion to bloggers’ posts, especially on Pinterest.
You can opt out of working with sponsors EXCEPT in two ways:
- List them on your giveaway post
- Choose at least 1 sponsor from the list and say thank you on social media at some point during the week
They’re providing the giveway prizes, so it’s only fair. 🙂 But you don’t have to work with sponsors to do individual sponsors posts or social media promotions.
Our confirmed sponsors this year are Imperial Sugar, Barlean’s, and Divine Chocolate (more may be added to this list).
The Social Promotional Commitment
There are three promotional commitments for all participants:
- You must promote the the giveaway at least three times on social media between October 15 – 20, 2018 .
- You must choose at least 1 sponsor from the list and say “thanks for sponsoring” on a social network of your choice.
- When you sign up, you must share this page to help us spread the word!
Other than that, there are no promotional requirements… but that said, we will have a private Facebook group where we will all share one another’s posts across Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and more. It’s a great way to drive more traffic to your site, and to meet blogger friends if you want to participate.
We will also have a shared Pinterest board where you can post your recipes during #Choctoberfest AND any other chocolate recipes on your blog! So, it’s a great way to get even more eyeballs on your older posts and your posts for this celebration.
That’s it! Questions? Email me today at allisonmboyer -at- gmail.com 🙂
Here’s the form to sign up. Please do not sign up unless you are committed to participating! (We do understand that some people have to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances, but we like to have an accurate idea of how many bloggers are taking part.)
BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! Please take a moment to share this page on any public social media account (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc!). Make sure it includes a link to this page! Not sure what to say? You can copy and paste this if you want: I am joining #Choctoberfest, which is a free event for bloggers who love chocolate! Sign ups are open now. Join here: http://thepintertestkitchen.com/join-us-for-choctoberfest/
(Feel free to write your own post instead!)
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 300+ Unique and Delicious Chocolate Recipes from #Choctoberfest 2018! - November 15, 2018
- Low-Sugar Chocolate Egg Yolk Cookies - November 5, 2018
- Spicy Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2018