Food Blogger Love (#FoodBloggerLove) is an Valentine’s Day event for food and recipe bloggers around the world. The goal is to meet other food bloggers and spread a little love (and extra traffic as a bonus)!
This is a non-sponsored event with no direct entry fee.
As your “fee” you must share the link to this sign-up page (Pick 1):
- Tweet about it
- Share on Facebook (page or profile, as long as it is public)
- Share in a Facebook group other (sharing must be allowed by the admins, don’t spam!)
- Post on a forum where other bloggers will see it (reddit, Food Blogger Pro, etc)
- Publish a post about it on your blog
Here’s how it works:
- Jan 31: Sign-up deadline!
- Within 48 hours of signing up: You’ll receive the name of another blogger (don’t tell… it’s a secret!)
- Feb. 13: You post a recipe to show that blogger some love!
- Feb. 13 – 17: You promote your post and spread the love to that other blogger via your favorite social media sites (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.)
On February 13, the recipe you post can be anything that shows the other blogger a little love.
Here are some ideas:
- You can try one of their recipes (similar to what bloggers do for Secret Recipe Club, if you are a member of that group). Please note, if you choose this option, you need to rewrite the recipe in your own words and you must take your own pictures!
- You can recreate one of your recipes in their style, if it is different from your own. For example, if your assignment is a gluten-free blogger, you could create a gluten-free version of a recipe that’s already populat on your blog.
- You can make a recipe with the favorite ingredient or that fits their lifestyle. For example, a blogger who shares often about cooking from their garden would love a recipe made with ingredients they grow.
- You could just do a Valentine’s Day themed recipe! Think chocolate, strawberries, pink and red, hearts, decadence…
Your post should link back to the food blogger who’s name you got, and it should tell readers why they are so cool. You can link to recipes you want to try, blog posts with stories you really liked, their social media accounts, etc. The point here is to tell your readers why they should check out the other blogger’s site, and to give that blogger a little encouragement.
Let’s face it, we all have bad days when we just want to quit… It’s always nice to hear from a fellow food blogger that you’re doing a good job!
The post must also include a link-up (don’t worry, we’ll send you the exact codes needed for this).
Who Can Participate?
Here are the requirements:
- You most post food and recipes at least occasionally. It’s okay if your entire blog isn’t dedicated to food, as long as you have an archive of at least 20-30 recipes, so the blogger who gets your name has something to talk about on their food blog.
- Your blog is at least 3 months old, with 20+ posts. Again, the blogger who gets your name needs to have something to talk about in their post.
- You are able to commit to the posting on February 13 (please schedule your post before noon EST)! It’s not fair to leave people hanging, and while we are prepared to pick up the slack in the case of an emergency, please don’t sign up if you aren’t sure you’ll have time to do the post.
- Your blog is in English. If your blog is in another language, you can sign up and we will match you if we get another blog in that language, but be aware that we might not be able to match every foreign-language blog. (We’ll do out best!)
That’s it! We encourage blogs of all sizes and from all over the world to participate. Let’s make this an awesome Valentine’s Day filled with love for our fellow food bloggers.
Thanks for signing up! Don’t forget to join our #FoodBloggerLove Facebook group if you aren’t already a member.