Let’s spread a little love this holiday season by exchanging cookies with fellow food bloggers! For those of you who participated in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap (RIP), the process will be familiar. We’ve teamed up with Sarah from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes to bring you the Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up by November 5, 2017 using the form below.
- On November 6, 2017, you will receive the names and address of three other bloggers.
- Send out 1 dozen cookies to these bloggers by November 17, 2017.
- You will receive 1 dozen cookies from three other bloggers in return!
- Publish a post on your blog sharing your cookie recipe on December 4, 2017. We’ll include your link on a roundup of cookie exchange posts.
This year, we’re raising money for two great charities: No Kid Hungry and RescuesforJoJo! To participate, you must donate at least $5 to one of these charities.
- No Kid Hungry is an organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger. They believe no child should go to bed hungry. CLICK HERE to sponsor a meal for a child in need!
- RescuesForJoJo is an all-volunteer non-profit that helps “undesirable” shelter dogs find new homes. So far, they have saved over 70 dogs, and these are animals that typically would otherwise be passed over by adopters due to health, breed, color, or other factors. CLICK HERE to learn more about RescuesForJoJo or send your donation via PayPal to email@example.com
Pick one or the other… or feel free to donate to both charities if you are feeling extra generous. 🙂
- November 5: Sign-ups end (assignments will be sent the following day)
- November 17: You MUST send your cookies by this date
- December 1: Send us the permalink to your post by this date, so we can create the round-up list of cookie links
- December 4: Publish your post
You must agree to stick to this schedule in order to participate. It’s a real drag to be the person who doesn’t get cookies because the person who had their name flaked. 🙁 Don’t let that happen to your fellow blogger!
- Your assigned bloggers will be people in your country. This keeps shipping costs low and helps ensure that cookies arrive quickly, while they are still fresh. As such, there needs to be at least 4 bloggers sign up in your country. If you live outside of the United States, please sign up! We will do out best to recruit other bloggers from your country, and will let you know on Nov 1 if we have enough sign-ups for you to participate.
- If you have an allergy or dietary restriction, please note that on the form. We will match you with others who have the same allergy or dietary restriction if possible. Please note if your allergy is so severe that you cannot accept cookies from someone who uses that ingredient in their house. (example: peanuts)
- Please consider the shipping element when planning your cookie recipe! Delicate cookies are not the best choice, since they will arrive in crumbles. Cookies dipped in chocolate might not be the best choice if you are shipping to warmer climates.
- You must have an active blog to participate. You do not have to be a 100% food blogger, as long as you do occasionally post recipes on your blog and can commit to posting your cookie recipe on Dec 4. Bloggers of all sizes are encouraged to participate.
Ready to sign up?
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Mini Cakes #FoodBloggerLove - February 12, 2018
- Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies - January 28, 2018
- Friday Frenzy #32: Crafty Edition - January 20, 2018