What’s summer without tall glasses of lemonade? It’s perfect on those sweltering days when even the AC can’t keep you cool.
These cookie cups have all the delicious flavors of a glass of lemonade in a convenient bite-sized form, so they’re perfect if you want a dessert or snack at your next cookout. (They are also great for tea parties, picnics, or any day that ends in Y!)
While the cups were cooking, I mixed the cream cheese filling. I had a jar of lemon curd in the pantry and decided to use it in the recipe for a little tartness. If you don’t have an lemon curd in the house, you can order some from our #CookoutWeek sponsor The French Farm.
Aren’t they cute? I’m not done trying different flavors of this cake mix recipe, so stay tuned for even more little cookie cups!
These lemon cookie cups are perfect for #CookoutWeek. Make sure you enter our cookout-themed giveaway for your change to win over $300 worth of prizes!
Here’s the recipe, then scroll down to get even more #CookoutWeek recipes from all participating bloggers!
- 12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- Optional: sprinkles for decoration
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and milk and mix until well combined.
- Ass the cake mix and mix to combine until you have a thick cookie-like dough.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll dough into small balls and press into the mini muffin tins. Create a small indent in the center where you will add the filling later.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool in the pans.
- While the cookies are cooling, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Once the cookie cups are cool, add a small amount (about a teaspoon) of lemon curb to each cup.
- Pipe cream cheese filling on top and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
More #CookoutWeek recipes: