I’m a sucker for pasta dishes, but let’s face it… this time of year, I definitely don’t need to be scarfing down a huge dish of fettuccine alfredo!
This recipe doesn’t actually contain any pasta, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised how similar it is to a big bowl of fettucine alfredro. And no “zoodles” – listen, I’m a fan of vegetables spiraled to act like noodles, but it just isn’t the same no matter how hard you close your eyes.
I Breath I’m Hungry is a GENIUS. I was prepared to hate this dish, but it is simple to make and super satisfying. All the credit goes to her for the “noodle” recipe, but I did tweak the sauce more to my tastes, because I found her version to be a little too heavy on the cream cheese flavor. Not that it wasn’t good… I still ate every bite!
I know this recipe sounds really weird, but give it a try. If you’re craving carbs, you’re going to love it.
You'll think you're eating pasta with every bite of this delicious low-carb meal.
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Blend the ingredients for the "noodles" until well-combined. Allow to site for 5-10 minutes so the bubbles settle.
- Pour into a heavily greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-12 minutes, or until the mixture is set. Make sure not to over bake or it will become rubbery.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove with a spatula and cut into thin strips. You may need to remove the sheet in several pieces if it doesn't slide out of the dish easily.
- While noodles are cooling, make sauce by combining the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese has melted, toss the noodles in the sauce and serve immediately.
If you are looking for more low-carb recipes, here are a few we love…