I’m usually not a huge fan of blondies… but add some M&Ms and I’m sold!
Blondies are kind of a cross between a cookie and a brownie, using vanilla instead of chocolate flavors. Traditionally, they have white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or nuts, but the little taste of chocolate in the candy works really well in these bars.
If you have some leftover M&Ms from Halloween, this is the perfect opportunity to use ’em up. You could also use the different colors they make for holidays if you want a more festive.
Blondies by their very nature need to be undercooked a little. Otherwise, they get really hard and crumbly, but not in a good way. They need to be a little on the gooey side. Gooey is good!
Buttery, gooey blondies with just a touch of chocolate candy in every bite.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder). Slowly stir them into the wet ingredients.
- Add the M&Ms and stir to distribute evenly.
- Spread the batter into a 9x13 greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #20: Chocolate Edition - October 20, 2017
- S’mores Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017