If you know anything about us Boyer women, you know we love a good cookie recipe. Growing up, my mother (Sharon) often had some sort of homemade cookies in the house… even if they were hidden away so we didn’t attempt to eat them all in one sitting. It was actually pretty rare to have store bought cookies in the house. Allison and I both loved helping mom mix up batches of cookies when we were little. This was pre-KitchenAid too… just a wooden spoon and some elbow grease!
Since we’ve started blogging together, our recipe books have definitely grown a lot. But I still love to go back to some of my childhood favorites sometimes. These M&M cookies are one of my favorites growing up (although my mother’s frosted molasses cookies will always be my all-time favorite!), so I’m not even sure how she came up with these treats.
The fun thing about this recipe is that you can use practically ANY kind of M&Ms in them. Regular, peanut butter, dark chocolate… whatever is your favorite! You can even opt for holiday colored M&Ms depending on the season. I almost always choose to use peanut butter M&Ms. (They are seriously my weakness!)
- 3/4 cup butter (soft)
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms (or slightly more if desired!)
- Beat together softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in M&Ms by hand.
- Drop by the spoonful onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you love M&M cookies, here are a few others to try out:
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- M&M Cookies - June 19, 2017
- Homemade Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastries #RecipeMakeover - April 25, 2017
- Grandma’s Homemade Honey White Bread #FoodBloggerLove - February 13, 2017