One of our favorite restaurants in the world happens to be next door to none other than The Cheesecake Factory. We usually can’t resist stopping for a piece of cheesecake to take home. I have to admit, I don’t love having dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (it’s just a little overpriced for what it is, in my opinion), but the cheesecake is on point.
I don’t love making cheesecake at home. They are so fussy, and mine always crack.
This no-bake version is seriously full-proof. The base has all the rich flavors of a chocolate cheesecake, and the peanut butter layer piped on top makes the whole thing taste like a peanut butter cup. It’s perfect for #Choctoberfest or any time of year!
This recipe actually makes enough for two pies, or you can do what I did and make one big pie and six mini pies. I couldn’t find mini Oreo pie crusts, so I just used regular graham cracker pie crusts, and they were still very tasty. Plus, mini pies look so cute on a plate. I delivered to the neighbors and they loved them.
I was inspired to make this pie after receiving peanut butter chips from one of our #Choctoberfest sponsors, Davis Chocolate. Their Organic Peanutta Chips are easily the tastiest peanut butter chips I’ve ever tried, and I’m not just saying that because they sent me a bag to try, along with their wave chocolate sticks. I kept eating them right out of the bag, and had to stop myself so I would have enough for this recipe. They are delicious!
They are perfect on top of this pie to add a little peanut butter texture. You could also use the wave chocolate sticks to decorate your pie, though I’ve been opting to nibble on them at night with a glass of wine.
If you haven’t yet, make sure you enter our #Choctoberfest giveaway. You can win over $450 worth of prizes. Here’s the printable recipe, and scroll down to get more chocolatey recipes from today’s #Choctoberfest bloggers:
A peanut butter cup cheesecake pie that you don't have to bake. Rich and decadent, a small slice of this cheesecake goes a long way!
- 2 Oreo pie crusts
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (I used Davis Chocolate's chips)
- Mix together the cream cheese and vanilla, then slowly add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and stir into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pie crusts and chill while you are making the peanut butter layer.
- Melt the peanut butter and add the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar until well combined.
- Spoon into a piping bag and distribute evenly among the pies to create a thin layer of peanut butter on top of the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips and refrigerate until chilled.