And sure, you can go to your local fast food chain to great a $1 taco, but who knows what you’re going to get? You can make ’em at home for even less money, and you know the ingredients. No filler or horse meat here!
These oven baked tacos that I found on Pinterest from Mommy? I’m Hungry are great because they’re a heartier option than traditional tacos with the addition of the beans. Plus, in the oven, the shells get nice and toasty, and the cheese bubbles up. What’s not to love? Then, simply top with your favorite taco ingredients for custom flavors to make every family member happy.
Here’s how to make ’em:
Start by cooking off some ground beef with onions. You can add some jalapenos too if you can take the heat!
Add the refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat, until the liquid reduces a little and the flavors combine.
Then, simply load up your taco shells, sprinkle with cheese, and pop in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Serve with your favorite taco toppings! We like lettuce and sour cream, but you could also add guacamole, olives, salsa, tomatoes, cilantro, or anything else you like on top of a taco.
Here’s the printable:
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 cups shredded cheese
- 12 - 18 hard taco shells
- taco toppings
- Cook ground beef and onions.
- When beef is cooked, add taco seasoning, refried beans, and tomato sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add meat and bean mixture to taco shells and stand in a baking dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Top with your family's favorite taco toppings.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- DIY Unicorn Frappuccino with No Added Sugar #RecipeMakeover - April 27, 2017
- Sugar-Free Carrot Cake with Honey Cream Cheese Icing #RecipeMakeover - April 24, 2017
- Welcome to #RecipeMakeover 2017! - April 24, 2017