With the Super Bowl coming up in a few days there are lots of parties being planned. I pinned this recipe from Taste of Home. The Pizza Wonton cup appetizer recipe can be added to your list.
Back in July I posted a Sausage Wonton Cup recipe that is very similar just using some different ingredients in the filling. The step for baking the wonton is the same. It calls for turkey sausage, but you can use whatever kind you like. I happened to have leftover fresh pork sausage in the refrigerator so I used that. And I always use what I have on hand or is left in the refrigerator.
Let’s take a look at how to make this recipe – and at the end, you can find even more links to great party-friendly foods perfect for Super Bowl Sunday.
Here are the ingredients I used: fresh pork sausage, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, dried oregano, wonton wrappers and shredded cheese.
Press 24 wonton wrappers into a greased mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes or until just starting to brown.
In a skillet brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in about 1/2 a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, garlic powder and dried oregano. Stir and simmer for about 8 minutes until thickened.
Spoon sausage mixture into the wonton cups. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake about 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 1 pound of sausage out of the casings (any kind you like)
- ½ a jar of spagetti sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- In a skillet brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the spagetti sauce, garlic powder and dried oregano and stir.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Press wonton wrappers into a greased mini muffin pan and bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes.
- Spoon sausage mixture into the cups.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese.
- Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I tried these out when I had some family friends over for dinner. They really liked them, and the kids especially gobbled them up! Since it’s pizza-flavored, these are a real crown pleaser.
Here are some other party foods you can make this weekend if you’re hosting or attending a Super Bowl party:
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- Mini Red Velvet Cookie Cups - May 2, 2016
- Itty Bitty Strawberry Cheesecake Cups (Plus a Giveaway!) #FoodBloggerLove - February 10, 2016
- Old Fashioned Cream Cheese Dip - February 3, 2016