I love a dash of mint in my smoothies. It really brightens the flavor and matches well with just about every smoothie flavor. So, when I saw this recipe, I knew I’d love it before I even tried it… and I wasn’t disappointed.
I received a review copy of 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your Nutribullet, which includes several yummy recipes that I’ve already tried, and many more that I look forward to trying. You don’t have to have a Nutribullet to make these recipes – any quality blender or food processor will do.
I have to admit… my blender is on its last legs. I’ve been meaning to purchase a new one for the past year, but have been putting it off. I just can’t decided which one I want. My old blender does get the job done, so I keep eeking out a few more blends. One day, I’m sure it will die mid-blend and I’ll be forced to make a decision. But not today!
This recipe is courtesy of 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your Nutribullet by Marilyn Haugen & Doug Cook © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Colin Erricson
Here’s the printable! Scroll down for more yummy smoothie recipes.
This rockin’ red smoothie is loaded with beets, berries and protein for a great way to start your day on a high note. With protein, calcium, flavonoids, fiber, magnesium, betaine and carotenoids ,this smoothie promotes healthy bones, heart and gut health and weight management.
- 1 small beet, peeled and halved
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 3 mint leaves
- Unsweetened hemp milk
- Add beet, raspberries, yogurt, goji berries and mint leaves to the tall cup.
- Add hemp milk to the “Max Line.”
- Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #20: Chocolate Edition - October 20, 2017
- S’mores Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017