Reese’s Peanut Butter Heart Cookies
Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations, so I just had to try these cookies, which are originally from i heart nap time .
I found the Reeses peanut butter hearts at the local grocery store. If you can’t find them, Dove chocolate has a heart-shaped chocolate piece that you can use instead. Right now is a good time to stock up since lots of places are selling heart-shaped candy for Valentine’s Day.
To make these cookies, you need the following ingredients: butter, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and Reese’s peanut butter cup hearts.
Preheat the oven to 350. Cream together the softened butter, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well. Then, add the flour and baking soda, and mix until just combined.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Let the cookies to cool for a minute, then place Reese’s peanut butter heart lightly on the cookie. Remove cookie from pan to cool completely.
Perfect for your sweetheart! Here’s the printable:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 48 Reeses peanut butter hearts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together softened butter, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and baking soda until just blended together.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes until just golden. Do not over bake.
- Allow cookies to cool 1 minute and place 1 peanut butter heart lightly on each cookie.
- Remove cookie from sheet and let cool.