Okay, well our grandmother doesn’t love a big bowl of gooey melted cheese. She doesn’t like cheese at all. She’s weird.
I liked the end result, but be warned – this recipe makes a ton of queso. It would be perfect for a party, just like this crab dip recipe, but for me, a lot of it went to waste because there’s only so much cheese one person can eat!
To make this recipe you need, about a pound block of cheese cut into small chunks, a small can of diced green chiles, milk, water, and cumin. Add all of the ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl.
The originally recipe called for chopped jalapenos and jalapeno juice, so if you like your queso spicy, you could add that in. I’m just a giant wuss when it comes to heat.
Microwave the mixture on high for a minute, stir, and repeat five times. So, essentially, you want to microwave for five minutes, stopping to stir every sixty seconds or so. About half-way through the process, this is what it will look like:
It’s chunky and does not look good at all. Have the faith! It gets smoother and starts to come together at the five minute mark. Go a minute longer if you need to.
Then simply get out the chips and dive in! I actually had some leftover chips from a recent trip to Chili’s, and they were perfect.
Here’s the recipe to print:
- 1 lb. block of cheese, cut into small chunks
- Small can of chopped green chiles (or about ¼ cup)
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cold water
- Pinch of cumin
- Mix all of the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir.
- Repeat this process four to five more times.
- Serve immediately with chips.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Sealed with a Kiss Cookies (Peanut Butter Blossoms) #FoodBloggerLove - February 11, 2019
- Individual No-Bake Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecakes with Biscoff Crust - January 17, 2019
- Happy Holidays! Kitchen Aid Giveaway! - December 10, 2018