These sausage appetizers are a great snack to make for any kind of party or occasion. You can easily find all the ingredients in the grocery store or change up the ingredients with whatever is in your refrigerator or pantry.
The wonton cups can be made ahead and the ingredients can be mixed ahead. I would wait to assemble them and do the final baking when you are ready to serve. You want to give your guests the tastiest little bites possible, not sad, soggy sausage cups.
Here are the Ingredients for the Sausage Wonton appetizers: Wonton wrappers, bulk hot sausage, shredded cheese, green and red peppers, chopped sweet onions or green onions and ranch and spicy ranch dressing.
Lightly press wonton wrappers into a greased miniature muffin pan. I usually trim the corners of the wonton cups. If you don’t they get really crispy. Bake for 5 minutes at 350.
Fry bulk sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and cool slightly. Mix in chopped peppers, chopped onions and shredded cheese. You can leave out any ingredients your family doesn’t like.
Next, mix in salad dressing. I use 1/2 regular ranch dressing and 1/2 spicy ranch dressing for a little zing.
Spoon mixture into cups, filling the baked wonton cup full. This isn’t like cupcakes where you have to worry about them rising. Fill ’em up!
Bake 5 – 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Keep an eye on them so the cup edges don’t get to0 brown. Yum! Here they are out of the oven:
The recipe makes about 4 dozen. I know that sounds like a lot, but make plenty because you can’t eat just one!
- wonton wrappers
- bulk hot sausage
- shredded cheese
- chopped green & red peppers
- chopped sweet onions or green onions
- ranch and spicy ranch dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers into a greased miniature muffin pan.
- Trim off the tips of the wonton wrappers.
- Bake 5 minutes at 350.
- While they are baking, fry bulk sausage over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Mix in chopped peppers, onions, shredded cheese and ranch dressings.
- Spoon mixture into baked cups, filling the cups full.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes at 350 or until cheese is melted.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- Triple Chocolate Truffles #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2018
- Easy S’mores Cookies + 12 S’mores Inspired Recipes #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2018
- Breakfast Stuffed Biscuits - October 2, 2018