Are you guys ready for pretty much the easiest, quickest recipe of all time?
You just pop the ingredients for this recipe into your slow cooker, set it on low for four or five hours, and then enjoy a tasty dinner.
Plus, you can completely customize this recipe by using all of your favorites – your favorite sauce, your favorite pasta, even your favorite cheese. I like using beef ravioli, but you could also make a vegetarian version using cheese ravioli. Or, get the spinach and cheese variety to sneak some extra veggies into the meal.
For sauce, I like Classico’s tomato and basil sauce or roasted garlic sauce, but you could also could go for a white version with an alfredo sauce.
Here’s the printable:
When there’s no time to layer lasagna, a bag of ravioli will come close to the real thing. Spend 5 minutes early in the afternoon and you’ll be rewarded with a hearty feast at dinnertime.
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 pound frozen ravioli
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Pour 1/3 of the tomato sauce into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Top with half the ravioli, spreading it out in a roughly even layer.
- Dollop half the ricotta on top by the spoonful.
- Top with another third of the sauce, another layer of ravioli and ricotta, and finally the rest of the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes to let the cheese melt.
This recipe is courtesy of Best of Bridge Family Slow Cooker by The Best of Bridge © 2016 www.bestofbridge.com Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold. Image credit: Colin Erricson
Looking for more tasty recipes you can make in your slow cooker? Here are some recipes from our blog:
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Sugar-Free Carrot Cake with Honey Cream Cheese Icing - April 24, 2017
- Welcome to #RecipeMakeover 2017! - April 24, 2017
- Chocolate Key Lime Pie - April 13, 2017