This roast chicken recipe is easily one of the fastest, best meals I’ve ever made. Few things make a house smell better than a whole roast chicken being pulled straight out of the oven. Or in this case, a slow cooker.
Plus, this is a super easy chicken recipe that is next to impossible to mess up. I promise. Even if you usually burn cereal. Everyone will think you were slaving away for hours, but in reality, you just pop the whole bird into the slow cooker and go about your day. Four to six hours later, voila! Dinner is served.
Oh, and did I mention that the vegetables roast along with the chicken? So not only do you end up with an delicious side dish, but it’s a one-pot meal. If you have liners, clean-up takes… 5 minutes? How long does it take to wash your plate?
This recipe would work if you had pieces of bone-in chicken as well (breasts, thighs, etc), but you may have to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your pieces. I’d skip if for boneless/skinless chicken, since it just won’t have as much flavor, and will likely be pretty dried out.
Here’s the recipe:
One of the easiest chicken dinner meals you can make. So much better than the store-bought chicken, but with all of the same great flavors.
- 1 whole chicken (3-5 pounds)
- 3-4 cups of vegetables (carrots, onions, potatoes, celery - whatever you like best)
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic power
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add roughly chopped vegetables to slow cooker. I like the more rustic side dish, so usually do whole baby carrots, fingerling potatoes, and pieces of onion and celery, chopped to bit-sized pieces.
- Rinse bird and pat dry. Add to slow cooker, on top of veggies.
- Mix together seasonings and sprinkle over bird and inside of bird.
- Secure lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Friday Frenzy #20: Chocolate Edition - October 20, 2017
- S’mores Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie #Choctoberfest - October 20, 2017