Today is the last day of #RecipeMakeover, and your last chance to enter to win our huge prize pack, which includes one of the BEST products I’ve tried in a long time!
And I’m not just blowing smoke…
Well, actually I am. I’m blowing lots of smoke! Because the product I’m talking about is Smokin’-Os, one of our #RecipeMakeover sponsors who sent me 3 packs of their Os to try out.
I used them to make this delicious Smokey Dijon Salmon Skewers. Fish is a great alternative to beef if you are looking to cut down on your red meat intake. Listen, I love me some beef… but there is no doubt about it, less red meat is good for your health and for the environment.
These salmon skewers are so tasty that I don’t miss the beef at all! The dijon mustard glaze is super easy to make, and the fish only takes 10-15 minutes on the grill.
Plus… the smokey flavor is from the Smokin’-Os is AMAZING.
Seriously, I can’t stop gushing about these little rings of wood. We don’t have a smoker or even a charcoal grill, so it is harder to get that yummy grilled flavor into our foods. Here’s a pic of it smoking away:
I’ve used wood chips before, but you have to remember to soak them in water first… then it takes forever for them to start smoking. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Smokin’-Os don’t need to be soaked, you just place them on the hottest part of your grill, blow them out when they catch fire, and move to the colder part of the grill so they can smoke while your food cooks. It seriously took us less than 20 minutes from the time we lit the grill to the time we were eating these salmon skewers. We used an original Smokin’-O for this recipe, and it took about 2 minutes to light, and was still smoking when the salmon was done.
So. Freaking. Easy.
Here’s where you can find out more information about Smokin’-Os. A sampler pack is less than $20, so totally worth checking out!!!
I can’t wait to try their Applewood and Mesquite flavors. I’m already planning recipes for the grill. Plus, they are make without any binders or chemicals, so you don’t have to worry about icky schtuff affecting the taste of your food or your health.
Here’s the salmon recipe if you want to give it a try. You CAN use traditional wood chips in place of the Smokin’-Os if you want… but seriously, I highly recommend giving the Os a try. You will thank me!!!
These salmon skewers have a tangy glaze and lots of smokey flavor, even if you do not own a smoker.
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or sweetener of your choice (Splenda, honey, agave, etc.)
- 1-2 pounds fresh salmon
- Cut the salmon if into chunks and skewer. (If you are using wood skewers, make sure you soak them first).
- Mix together the mustard, lemon, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Brush over salmon.
- Light your grill, and when it reaches 400 degrees, add an original Smokin'-O to the hottest part of the grill. Allow it to start to smolder. (If it catches fire, just blow it out.)
- Move the O to the coolest part of your grill, turn the grill down slightly, and add skewers over heat.
- Cook 5 minutes and turn. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes until fish is cooked thoroughly.
Check out the other recipes being posted for #RecipeMakeover today! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway before it ends at 11:59 PM tonight!
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- How to Make Drinking Vinegar + My Blueberry Shrub Recipe - May 12, 2017
- Spiralized Kaleidoscope Salad - May 2, 2017
- Smokey Dijon Salmon Skewers #RecipeMakeover - April 28, 2017