Exciting news readers! I recently turned one of my biggest freelance clients into a full time position within the company! Now I have to wake up at a normal time every weekday (okay, that’s not so exciting), put on my big girl pants, and go off to work. But wait! Doesn’t this mean you don’t have as much time for testing out new recipes and crafts Jess?!?!
Not at all! In fact, it helps keep me more motivated to test things out! The guy who’s desk is next to mine has a reputation in the office for snacking on everything and anything he can get his hand on in the office. Whenever someone brings something in, he’s usually the first to come sample the goodies. Last week I pulled up my Pinterest board of recipes to test out on my phone and let him pick something out for me to test out and bring in the next day. It’s good motivation to keep me going after a long day because if I didn’t come to the office the next morning with the food I’d promised, I’d surely hear about it all day.
What did he pick? Snickedoodle Muffins, orginally pinned by Alaxandria Marsh from eat me, delicious. And I gotta give my co-worker some credit. He picked out a WINNER. These turned out awesome and the ladies in the office only had good things to say.
If you like snickerdoodle cookies, I highly recommend testing these muffins out yourself. You’ll need unsalted butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, nutmeg, sour cream, and cinnamon.
Set out your butter ahead of time to warm to room temperature. Cream it together with the sugar until soft and well combined (for 3-5 minutes). Then add the vanilla. Then the eggs, one at a time. Mix until all it’s well combined.
If you forget to set out your butter ahead of time, pop in the microwave for 5-10 secs at a time until it’s room temp. Warning: In some cases, this can make a recipe turn out funny. But in this case it didn’t! I told you I made them after work one night… Did you really expect me to wait for butter to come to room temp on it’s own accord after a long day? I took my chances and it turned out fine this time.
In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients. Also, get your sour cream out, measured, and ready to go.
Mix in a portion of the combined dry ingredients to your butter/egg/sugar/vanilla mixture. Then add a portion of your sour cream and combine. Keep mixing until everything is well combined. I broke my dry ingredients up into thirds and the sour cream in half.
Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins. Combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle a spoonful over top the top of each muffin. I tweaked the ratio of sugar to cinnamon by adding more cinnamon. The original ratio just didn’t have enough cinnamon if you ask me.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 22 minutes.
And that’s it! I’m really happy with this recipe. So moist and yummy, they’ll make you go mmm….
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- To sprinkle on top:
- ¼ cup additional sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Cream it butter and sugar together until soft and well combined (for 3-5 minutes). Add vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix in a portion of the combined dry ingredients to your butter/egg/sugar/vanilla mixture. Then add a portion of your sour cream and combine. Keep mixing in dry ingredients and sour cream this way until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins. Combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle a spoonful over top the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 22 minutes.
Nutritional Information on My Recipe Magic: Snickerdoodle Muffins
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Grandma’s Homemade Honey White Bread #FoodBloggerLove - February 13, 2017
- White Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookies #FBLcookieexchange - December 5, 2016
- Jar Brownies (A Treat And A Gift!) #Choctoberfest - October 17, 2016