Today, we’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with these Strawberry Cheesecake Cups and #FoodBloggerLove – all about showing our fellow food bloggers a little of the love they deserve (plus, there’s a giveaway too…keep reading!). Everyone participating switched names, and we were lucky enough to get matched up with Jessie Weaver aka the Vanderbilt Wife.
Plus, we’re raising money for No Kid Hungry! There are a lot of children out there who need a little love, so consider donating a few bucks here to keep their tummies full this Valentin’s Day.
Now, let me talk a little about the blogger of the hour! We first “met” Jessie during #Choctoberfest last year. She was one of our participants. We loved her recipes for that event, including Millionaire Bars, Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies, and White Chocolate Banana Krispy Treats. Not only does she post yummy recipes on her blog, but she also bakes a lot… for her 30 kids!
Okay, she doesn’t actually have 30 kids, but her husband works at a private high school. They live in a boys dorm and she does a lot of baking for the kids… and we all know how much teenage boys eat! I decided to make a cookie recipe that I think will be a big hit for Jessie and her boys (and of course her own kids – these cookie cups are perfect for little hands, plus kids love to help decorate with sprinkles).
I came across this recipe originally on Life Love and Sugar, and thought strawberry cheesecake cups would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. What a great recipe. One thing you do need to do is to make the dough ahead of time because it needs to chill, so make sure you have time for that step. The possibilities are endless with this recipe. There are so many different of cake mixes you could use. A carrot cake mix or a spice cake mix would be great with the cream cheese filling.
Remember that giveaway I mentioned? Well, all you have to do is share ANY #FoodBloggerLove recipe (see the list below) on ANY social network, and you can get extra entries if you follow the other #FoodBloggerLove bloggers to entire and you could win a brand new Kindle Fire! I hope that lights your fire this Valentine’s Day. You can enter daily, so make sure to come back during the rest of the week to increase your chances. We’ll pick a random winner on February 15.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here are the other bloggers participating in #FoodBloggerLove today. Stop by and say hello to them, and if you like their recipes, tell them! That’s what #FoodBloggerLove is all about.
And here’s this strawberry cheesecake cookie cup recipe:
Cute cookie cups if you are a feeding a crowd this Valentine's Day - or customize for any holiday using different colored sprinkles.
- 12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the cake mix to the wet ingredients and mix to combined until you have a thick cookie-like dough.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- Spray mini muffin tins with a cooking spray.
- Roll dough into small balls and press in mini muffin tin cups. Press to create a slight indentation into the center. This will be where you will add the filling later.
- Bake at 350 for about 9-11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the pans.
- While cookie cups are cooling make cream cheese filling by beating the cream cheese until smooth, then adding the vanilla and sugar and beating to combine.
- Using a piping bag and star tip fill the center of the cookie cup.
- Decorate with sprinkles for any occasion, if desired.
Thanks, Jessie, for inspiring us to do the strawberry cheesecake cups and for publishing so many great recipes (especially your archive of cookie recipes – we just love our cookies here at The PinterTest Kitchen!) Everyone go check out Jessie’s blog, and make sure you follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
If you’re a food blogger who wants to join us for the next event, here’s where you can sign up to learn more:
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- Mini Red Velvet Cookie Cups - May 2, 2016
- Itty Bitty Strawberry Cheesecake Cups (Plus a Giveaway!) #FoodBloggerLove - February 10, 2016
- Old Fashioned Cream Cheese Dip - February 3, 2016