When I saw this pin on for Strawberry Lemonade Cookies, I intrigued because A) I love lemon flavored baked goods B) it wasn’t your run of the mill chocolate chip cookie and C) it involves a cake mix, and how much easier can a recipe get? This recipe was originally pinned by Sylvia Avery, who pinned it from realmomkitchen.com.
Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of these cookies. But I had a friend try them and she liked them! I think it all depends on wether or not you like strawberry cake. So if you aren’t a fan of strawberry cake, you may want to try something else. But if you do, give these cookies a try.
Here’s what you need:
You need a 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix, lemonade mix, butter, eggs, vanilla, and water. When I was shopping for ingredients, I just grabbed a strawberry cake mix. When I got home and started baking I realized my cake mix was 18.25 oz.
Seriously? Now I have to figure out how to get rid of 3 ox of cake mix out of the package…
I should have known at this point that these cookies were going to be way more work than they were worth. But I kept going.
Combine all ingredient in a bowl and mix well.
Scoop them out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min.
You can put them closer together than I did above. I always like to do a test sheet first to may sure they don’t spread out too much.
While your cookies are cooling, make you icing.
You need 10x sugar, pink lemonade mix, milk, and butter. Since I only had regular lemonade mix instead of pink lemonade mix, I also had to add a drop of red food coloring to make it pink.
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a hand mixer.
Frost your cookies when cool and enjoy!
Here’s an easy printable recipe if you’d like to try these cookies yourself.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- ¼ cup pink lemonade mix
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1½ cup 10x sugar
- 3 Tablespoons pink lemonade mix
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1-3 Tablespoons milk
- Combine cake mix, pink lemonade drink mix, butter, eggs, vanilla, and water and mix well.
- Scoop dough out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- To make frosting, combine 10x suger, pink lemonade mix, butter, and milk in a bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- When completely cooled, frost cookies.
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- M&M Cookies - June 19, 2017
- Homemade Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastries #RecipeMakeover - April 25, 2017
- Grandma’s Homemade Honey White Bread #FoodBloggerLove - February 13, 2017