It’s #CookoutWeek here on The PinterTest Kitchen. We’ve banded together with 50+ of our favorite bloggers to bring you yummy summer recipes (not to mention a cookout-theme giveaway), and today we wanted to get things started with a delicious pasta salad filled with fresh vegetables.
First I would like to thank The French Farm for being a sponsor. They sent me the pasta and red wine vinegar I used to make this salad. The French Farm has a collection of fine imported gourmet foods and kitchen accessories, and they carry items that are crafted from small family owned businesses. They are one of our awesome #CookoutWeek sponsors. Click here to see all of The French Farm products #CookoutWeek bloggers are using for recipes this week!
Check out the colorful Sapori Antichi Multicolor Farfaline they sent me. Isn’t it pretty?!?!
Plus, the Edmond Fallot Red Wine Vinegar they sent was perfect in the dressing for this recipe. Speaking of the dressing, make sure you make this salad ahead because it need time to chill so the ingredients marry.
This recipe makes enough for four people, but you can easily double or triple it for a bigger cookout. Everyone’s going to be asking you for the recipe.
Here’s the printable recipe, and then make sure you check out the rest of the #CookoutWeek recipes posted today from other #CookoutWeek bloggers!
Light summer pasta salad with fresh vegetables and crunchy nuts
- 4 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1/4 pound chopped broccoli
- 1/4 pound chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet of splenda
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices of fried bacon, crumbled
- 1/8 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Cool the pasta after it is cooked.
- In a large bowl, mix together onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, splenda, red wine vinegar and salt until smooth.
- Cut up broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces.
- Into the dressing, stir in broccoli, cauliflower, red grapes and cooked pasta.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- When you are ready to serve toss in crumbled fried bacon and sprinkle with pecans.
You could leave off the bacon to make this recipe vegetarian.
(This recipe was inspired by a pasta salad recipe we first saw on Pinterest from Eat Yourself Skinny.)
Click below for even more summer cookout recipes: