Once upon a time, I didn’t like stuffing. I know. I thought it was just warm, slightly soggy bread. But since those dark ages, I’ve learned to really enjoy stuffing. I even occasionally make it without Stovetop’s help.
This year, I’m hosting an “orphan” Thanksgiving. We live in a military town and a lot of our friends don’t have the ability to take leave for Thanksgiving with the December holidays coming up. So I’m making dinner for everyone, probably around 12 people. It’s not the most I’ve ever cooked for, but it is the most people I’ve ever had for a major holiday.
I decided to make two types of stuffing this year – one with cornbread and one using a combination of Italian and wheat breads. I used Pinterest to find great recipes to try, including a bunch that look really tasty. I decided to compile all the yummy-looking Thanksgiving stuffing recipes into a post for y’all in case you’re looking for the right stuffing for Thanksgiving too!
Without further ago, here’s the ultimate list of Thanksgiving stuffing recipes (in alphabetical order), along with the blogs where they are posted and links to follow the recipes’ creators on Pinterest! If you visit any, tell ’em The PinterTest Kitchen sent ya!
Some of these recipes use chicken/turkey stock, which you can easily replace with vegetable stock, but they don’t have actual chucks of meat in them.
- Best Ever Stuffing from Chef in Training (chef_n_training on Pinterest)
- Cornbread Stuffing from Tastes Better from Scratch (betrfromscratch on Pinterest)
- Garlic & Herb Stuffing from Five Heart Home (fivehearthome on Pinterest)
- Gluten Free Stuffing from Yammie’s Gluten Freedom (yammie on Pinterest)
- Grain-Free Homestyle Stuffing from Mommypotamus (Mommypotamus on Pinterest)
- Grandma’s Thanksgiving Turkey Stuffing from Taste of Lizzy T (tastesoflizzyt on Pinerest)
- Great Grandma’s Famous Stuffing from The Baker Chick (audrafullerton on Pinterest)
- Herb Stuffing from The Hungry Housewife (hungryhousewife on Pinterest)
- Low Calorie Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe from LaaLoosh (laaloosh on Pinterest)
- Old Fashioned Bread and Celery Stuffing or Dressing from Palatable Pastime (suelau1 on Pinterest)
- Slow Cooker Stuffing from Recipes that Crock (recipescrock on Pinterest)
- Sourdough Stuffing Recipe with Mushrooms, Apples, & Sage from Two Peas and Their Pod (twopeasandpod on Pinterest)
- Thanksgiving Stuffing from The Pioneer Woman (thepioneerwoman on Pinterest)
- Traditional Bread Stuffing from Brown Eyed Baker (browneyedbaker on Pinterest)
- Wild Mushroom Stuffing from Self Proclaimed Foodie (spfoodie on Pinterest)
- Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing from Damn Delicious (@damndelicious on Pinterest)
- Corn Bread, Sausage and Pecan Dressing from Cooking on the Side (kathystrahs on Pinterest)
- Crock-Pot Oyster Stuffing from Crock-Pot Ladies (crockpotladies on Pinterest)
- Herb Stuffing with Sausage from Brown Sugar (brownsugarfb on Pinterest)
- Homestyle Sausage Stuffing from Cinnamon-Spice & Everything Nice (cinnamongirl on Pinterest)
- Italian Sausage, Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing from Closet Cooking (closetcooking on Pinterest)
- Mom’s Turkey Stuffing Recipe from Simply Recipes (simplyrecipes on Pinterest)
- Oyster & Sausage Stuffing Recipe from Cooking in Bliss (madamdeals on Pinterest)
- Paleo Sausage, Apple & Cranberry Stuffing from Paleo Newbie (paleonewbie on Pinterest)
- Sausage, Cranberry and Apple Stuffing from The Slow Roasted Italian (slowroasted on Pinterest)
- Sourdough Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing from Picky Palate (jennyflake on Pinterest)
Do you have a favorite stuffing recipe to make for Thanksgiving or other holidays? Share with a comment below!